Chickens are the most common type of poultry in the world, and were some of the first domesticated animals. They are a major world wide source of eggs and meat called chicken. It is prepared as food in a wide variety of ways, varying by region and culture. The prevalence of chickens is due to their being almost completely edible, and the ease of raising them. In developed countries, chickens are usually subject to intensive farming methods.
Bariball Agriculture has been working together with duck farm community to supply with good duck meat under our supervision.
Ducks Alabio a superior local ducks have a dual function, namely the high egg production capacity and potential as a producer of meat. This duck has long cultivated in South Kalimantan, especially in Hulu Sungai Selatan (HSS), Hulu Sungai Tengah (HST), and Hulu Sungai Utara (HSU).
Ducks Alabio characteristics include:
• Color brown fur with white spots all over the body
• There is a white line around the eyes
• Color drake feather on dark and there tend to be some faint feathers shiny bluish green on the wing
• Color bright yellow beak and feet
• female body weight at 6 months of 1.60 kg and 1.75 kg male
• Production of eggs on average 220-250 grain / cow / year
• Alabio male ducks kept as producers of meat have a higher body weight than Bali and Tegal Ducks
Peking duck is one of the most widely broiler duck cultivated area in the world, especially in his native China. Peking roast duck is very popular as a classy since the time of the Ming Dynasty. Until now, the production ranks top among other types of duck meat producer. Biggest contributor is none other than the Chinese nation which supplies about 73% of the duck meat in the world.
Peking duck into the UK in 1872. In the UK, peking duck is able to shift the position of Aylesbury ducks and Rouen ducks were first popular. Duck with a distinctive coat color (white berwarana), also brought to the United States in 1873 in Long Island, New York. Eventually even this duck known as the Long Island duck.
In America, these ducks are crossed with aylesbury ducks to produce superior broiler ducks. Result of cross-breeding is known as the Peking duck America. Peking duck meat is synonymous with culinary China is very interested in the American market. It is evident, where approximately 95% consumption of duck meat in America comes from peking duck. Performance of peking duck; Origin: China, Type: Duck meat, Weight: 3.6 – 4.1 kg / head, Production: 110-130 rounds / year.
Criteria for selection as a producer of duck eggs seed them, namely:
• It has a slender body (not fat)
• Neck small, long, and round like rattan
• small head and eyes shining
• wing body tightly closed
• Wingtip neatly arranged on the base of the tail, soft fur, neat, tangle andnot
• sturdy legs
Requirements in selecting drake ducks aged 1-7 days as traders, among others:
• Minimum weight 40 grams
• Body upright, eyes clear, sturdy legs, not disabled, and not blind
• fur clean and dry
• big appetite
• Free from poultry disease